Find out more about us here


About us FAQs

What is the Gas Safe Register?

The Gas Safe Register is the official gas registration body for the UK. It is a legal requirement that all engineers offering gas services are on the Gas Safe Register.

Do you hold public liability insurance?

Yes, we do. Public Liability up to £2million and Employers Liability up to £10million. 

Are you Gas Safe registered?

Yes and our Gas Safe business identification number is 914075. Please enter this onto the Gas Safe website and you will see our valid registration. 

Do you offer a guarantee?

We cover our workmanship for 12 months and materials have their own warranty, with the supplier. Additionally, as a Checkatrade approved member, they promise to guarantee all of our work up to £1000. 

What is your response time?

For emergencies, we can attend within the hour. However, this estimate can change depending on various circumstances. 

Can you give me a quote based on a photo or video?

Absolutely. As long as we can clearly see what the job entails, we can do this. 

Do you sell my data on to third parties?

No, never. Your details are only used by members of staff in order to organise your work.

» See also: Work/Safety | Payment & cost

Work/Safety FAQs

What areas do you cover?

We cover Newcastle and all areas with a 20 miles radius. However, depending on the job we may travel further. Please contact us

Do you do work for Letting Agents?

Yes, we already work with a number of Letting/Managing agents around the North East. 

Do you carry out labour only work?

Yes, as long as you have the correct materials, we are happy to fit them for you. 

I’m a Landlord, do I need to get all my gas appliances checked?

Yes, under the law, Landlords are required to have annual safety checks on all the gas appliances in their rental properties. This must only be completed by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer.

How long does a Gas Safety Certificate last?

Yes, under the law, Landlords are required to have annual safety checks on all the gas appliances in their rental properties. This must only be completed by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer.

Do I need to provide a safety certificate to my tenants?

Yes. Landlords must do this within 28 days of completion of checks. 

Can a Gas Safety Check fail?

Yes, a Gas Safety Certificate can fail if either –

  1. Our engineer identifies a fault with an appliance or
  2. We identify a gas leak or other serious issue at the property
Will I still need a separate hot water cylinder?

No a combi boiler provides all you heating and hot water, therefore you no longer need a hot water storage tank. 

What should I do if I smell gas?

If you think you have a gas leak or can smell gas, leave the house and phone the National Gas Emergencies number immediately on 0800 111 999. If you can do it safely, turn off your gas supply. The gas mains tap should be beside your gas meter. Move the handle a quarter turn until it's at 90 degrees from the pipe to shut off the gas supply.

» See also: About us | Payment & cost

Payment / cost FAQs

How can I pay?

We accept payment via BACS (Bank Transfer) and cash. Unfortunately we cannot accept cheques unless otherwise arranged.

What are your payment terms?

In most cases, immediate payment is required. However, we can allow up to 3 days on occasion. Please speak to us about this. 

What is your average repair cost?

The average repair cost is between £50-£150 which covers an hour of our labour during which most repairs can be completed. 

The repair took less than an hour, do I still have to pay the full call out charge?

Yes as our minimum charge is for 1 hour. 

» See also: About us | Work/Safety

Emergency callout

24 hours - 365 days a year

07875 971808

Office hours

Mon - Fri - 8am - 6pm

0800 001 6301

Get in touch

Contact us by any of the below methods or completing the short form. Your data will only be used as per our legal documentation and current GDPR and will not be sold to third parties.